Monday, July 2, 2012

North Vancouver - Sunday July 2nd, 2012

My Facebook page's "blog" feature having  inexplicably been de-activated, I'm switching this forthcoming trip  blog to this site.  This entry is primarily to familiarize myself with the site's features.

It's raining again today!  I'm temporarily benched work-wise, and desperate for some warmth and sunshine after enduring  this just-passed cold, rainy Vancouver "June-uary". I've therefore decided to fly to Montreal with my bike and touring gear, ride from there to approximately Portland Maine on the US east coast, ride south for a month, ship my bike and/or fly with it from wherever I wind up  to Seattle, then bike or bus home.   As long as I'm involuntarily retired, I might as well enjoy the summer.

Biking "America the Convenient" promises to be a lot less hassle-free and challenging than various European countries I've previously tackled .   I'm not anticipating much in the way of scenery on this trip but there should be lots of historical/cultural stuff to take in.  Also, except for the start of the tour where it appears I'll have to cross one or more Appalachian mountain ranges, the terrain appears to be somewhat flatter than I'm used to.  We'll see.  All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment